Site Meter The Orator's Education: God Reflected

Friday, October 17, 2008

God Reflected

Infatuation is over and done with.
Folly of fools this fool hath been.
I tried to love in ways that lacked meaning;
Hurt you, hurt all, above hurting me.

God has taught me many great lessons;
My paths and choices He has directed.
Love does not envy or boast in pride;
Love in truth is God reflected.

And so as a friend I send you this message
My changed character lends that it’s true.
I do not love with foolish attraction
But as a friend, I truly love you.

Thank you dear friend for all that you mean
to me in my life; I look now and see.
I pray that as I draw closer to God,
You will be drawn closer to me.

2 comments:

  1. oh dearest Clayton, you have such a natural skill with words. I truly love this poem. It makes me so happy to know that I have you as a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really impressed. I knew you were bright but didn't know you were 3/4 genius. I won't get into a religious discussion here, but I admire your faith. It will serve you well as the years go by. I lost mine a long time ago, but have since found a renewed purpose and drive, along with spiritual fullfillment. My years without a compass were some of the hardest to live through.

    ReplyDelete