Site Meter The Orator's Education: Elks and Eels and Elephants....and Mimes.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Elks and Eels and Elephants....and Mimes.

Here's a poem that I found on my computer that I had forgotten all about. I like it.

The elks and the eels and the elephants
Sing out their sad song of silence.

The stars ceased singing the songs of the spheres
And looked down from heaven with weeping tears.

The king of the earth with ruinous words
Rejected the beasts, fish, and the birds,

Called himself the only king.
But God, true king of everything
Would not let man continue to sing.

Prelude, Chorus, verse one done.
Verse two begins with God’s own son


Here's another one I wrote for valentines day....


Since today is Valentine’s
I thought I would compose these lines.
Not for love; to woo or pine
But that you are a friend of mine.

I was looking for one specifically, but I can't seem to locate it. I'll have to find it and post it when i get the time. Till then, enjoy Mime Mortality:

It has been a long long time
I think I need to kill a Mime.
Because they will not ever cry
When forced to speak, they’d rather die.

This one I have no clue how it came to be. My Muse must have been on something at the time.

2 comments: