Site Meter The Orator's Education: "Thank you, Oh my Father..."

Saturday, November 29, 2008

"Thank you, Oh my Father..."

Life
Change

Happiness
Weeping

Friends
Enemies

History re-counted
By a mind that loves it
And shares that love

Squirrels and fat men running around trees
Loneness in a room full of people

Inverse Tangents
Restricted Domains

Sound produced
Sound amplified

Beauty of Man
Beauty of God

Friends come
Friends gone

New friends
Old friends

Good friends
Best friends

Chats at 2:00
Amuseing conversations

Short people
Who aren't actually short

Building lives
Being built up by others

Dancing in the rain
Talking about the stars 2000 miles apart

Football and Bede
Elmo's Song

Bilabial Mental Fricatives
The wonder that causes them

Love
Wisdom

Monocles and steel whips
Slinkies

Lack of Putt-Putt
Ten Thousand Eight Hundred pounds of coal

Souls full of empty
The strength to fill them

Wisdom
Stature
Favor with both God and Men

The sine quid non of my very existence
The sustainer of my soul.


For these, I am truly thankful....To God.

3 comments:

  1. wow. I agree with Juliet. Beautiful, Clayton. One of your best, perhaps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing. I *loved* that post. You said exactly what I am feeling... in a more beautiful way than I could have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Clayton. You're words speak truth.

    ReplyDelete