Site Meter The Orator's Education: E Pluribus, Unum

Monday, November 3, 2008

E Pluribus, Unum

"We are like dwarfs sitting on the shoulders of giants. We see more, and things that are more distant, than they did, not because our sight is superior or because we are taller than they, but because they raise us up, and by their great stature add to ours."(John of Salisbury)

Here I am, sitting on the shoulders of Great Men and Women who have come before me. I stand on the shoulders of Patriots and Pilgrims, Politicians and Philosophers. I am supported by men who have died for my freedom, who have given their life for mine. All these men have worked diligently to preserve my right to Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Property, and I can now join their ranks. This year marks my progression into legal adulthood, and thus my ability to vote. Tomorrow is my opportunity, my duty, to cast my say to support a man who best of the candidates embodies what this country before me has stood for. I pray that the Lord God will guide and direct the nation according to His will, and will embody the next President to defend and uphold the virtues and rights of the people of these United States of America.

1 comment:

  1. I often think about what I will become. I compare myself with the great past characters from history and I wonder if one day who children will be reading about in 90 years.

    ReplyDelete