Site Meter The Orator's Education: Boston

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Boston

Our hearts hang heavy when somebodies die
Even American flags softly cry
Bowing, half standing, silently weep
While over our country a steady watch keep.

Today I saw a sight I thought I'd never see
Freedom's flag was mourning ever less than me
It stood so proudly with its head raised high
While I hung my head, at full mast did fly.

Oh star spangled banner, how could you forget?
At such a time in hist'ry, how could you just let
Things roll off your back? They're completely devastating 
And you just ignore them by quietly levitating?

I stared up with anger and a tear in my eye
And yet for freedom, it continued to fly
It looked down at me with a well weathered face
And whispered of battles, and songs of God's grace

And just at the moment it stood there and waved
I came to see it's by God we are saved
That even through the horrors of man
We're still part of Heaven's good plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment