Site Meter The Orator's Education: Mirror...

Friday, February 13, 2009

Mirror...

I don't know, what do you think?


Please, my dear, do not fear,

Please, dear friend, please do not cry.

I’ll catch your freely falling tears

And gently, softly dry your eyes.


I never meant to mean so much

I guess my heart just wasn’t clear

I never realized as much

Untill I gazed into a mirror.


Your eyes were that mirror to me

Their spark shining like starry skies

Mere words can’t capture what I saw

But love stared back from loving eyes.


I cannot offer more than this;

This certainly is not the end.

I want not to mean any more

Than a genuine dear friend.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful verse, my friend! I really like the "But love stared back from loving eyes" line. *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete