Site Meter The Orator's Education: Head heaved high with hay

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Head heaved high with hay

I once was but a straw filled head
Blown about by the wind.
I knew not where my error was
Nor ever if I’d sinned.

My folly was my wisdom,
And my wisdom was divine
I’d take each proverb I had heard
And quote it loud as mine!

I had a brilliant poem for
Those fools rich or poor
But a man who’s always right
A crowd will ne’er adore

So lacking all humility
And proudly I would say,
“I may be wrong; For after all,
My head’s heaved high with hay!”

3 comments:

  1. Darn it all, I wish I had your ability to write poetry as easily as you do! lol

    Great poem, Clayton. I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful poem! (like I told you already) my favorite lines are:

    "But a man who’s always right
    A crowd will ne’er adore"

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete