Site Meter The Orator's Education: Farewell, Farewell Great Ship, Titanic.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Farewell, Farewell Great Ship, Titanic.

Tomorrow is closing night for Titanic the Musical. The culmination of over two months of work, over in a day. Music learned, blocking solidified, friendships built. It will be so weird not to be able to say, "See you tomorrow!". To think that "Goodbye" may be for the last. But I know that if I am meant to see someone again, I will. God said, "I know the plans I have for you", Declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you; To give you a hope and a future."

So, may we meet again, dear friends. As we depart the empty stage tomorrow, may you ever remember me, as I will remember you. You have truly changed my life, and I hope I have blessed yours. May God bless you in all that you do, everywhere you go, and who you become. :)

2 comments:

  1. Aw! Very well put. Since I am just starting on my first big theater production I can't relate yet in this particular way. But I know the feelings are similar to other experiences in life that I have had.

    And, that is one of my favorite verses, Clayton. It fills me with such hope! It is very fitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always so sad when a show ends...but at least there's hope for another in the near future. :)
    I love that verse, too.

    ReplyDelete