Site Meter The Orator's Education: Welcome to The Orator's Education

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Welcome to The Orator's Education

Welcome! The aim of this blog is to express my thoughts on various subjects, what I had in mind primarily being Rhetoric, Philosophy, Theology, and the occasional technical explanation or two, but it will surely drift beyond those guidelines, and I intend to keep them as mere guidelines. Now as much as this blog is to express, it is to listen. American culture teaches everyone how to talk (and talk and talk), thus the appeal for blogs, and such. But we aren't taught to listen. In the cries for free speech, all we really hear is crowd noise. This blog is my attempt to express what I've listened to, and processed, in a sane manner.
In many of the blogs I've seen, People often express their emotions, sometimes their mind, and rarely their soul. Hopefully this will be a balance of all three, continually checked by each other, and I hope that that the expression of those three in this complete man will be glorifying to God. That is my wish, and prayer, and the most essential aim to this blog.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Great starting out post, Clayton. Congratulations. :)

    Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete